Garage Door Maintenance
At Jim’s Garage Doors, we offer comprehensive garage door maintenance services to ensure that your garage door operates safely and efficiently. Regular garage door maintenance is essential to prevent unexpected breakdowns and to extend the lifespan of your garage door.
Our experienced technicians are trained to provide maintenance for all types of garage doors, including roller doors. During a garage door maintenance service, our technicians will thoroughly inspect the door and its components, including springs, cables, tracks, and rollers.
They will also perform any necessary adjustments or lubrication to ensure that the door is operating at peak performance. Our garage door maintenance services are competitively priced, and we offer flexible scheduling to minimise any inconvenience to you. Contact us today to schedule a garage door maintenance service and keep your garage door in top condition.
WHY GET YOUR GARAGE DOOR MAINTAINED WITH JIM’S GARAGE DOORS?
Ensuring that your garage door is in peak working condition all year round with Jim’s Garage Doors’ professional periodic garage door maintenance service comes with a host of benefits, including:
- Safety and security — When our world-class team works on your garage door, we make sure it’s 100% fit to do its job of securing your cars and other valuables — as well as to keep your family safe from serious injuries and your property protected from significant damage due to unexpected door failure or closure.
- Cost savings — When you book our professional garage door maintenance services, our expert team does a thorough check of your garage door, identifying and fixing minor issues before they get worse. This effectively eliminates the need for you to spend money on major repairs or frequent replacements, ultimately leading to significant cost savings over time. Plus, it ensures your garage door remains reliable and hassle-free.
- Reliability — Whether you’re using a roller garage door for your home or one for your commercial space, booking our highly capable team to handle your garage roller door maintenance means you won’t have to worry about missing important appointments just because your garage door suddenly decides to not open one day.
- Energy efficiency — If your home has an attached garage, regularly booking our professional garage roller door maintenance helps keep your property energy efficient. Our team ensures there’s no damage to your roller door’s seals and insulation, which, in turn, eliminates the need for your HVAC to work extra hard to maintain a comfortable temperature in your home.
Talk to us today to find out more about our services, book a visit or learn more about how you can open your own garage door maintenance business as one of our franchisees. Our expert team is always happy to help and answer your questions.
At Jim’s Garage Doors
we are proud to be able to offer the following services:
- We repair all brands of garage doors & motors
- Retro fit motors to existing manual roller, sectional and tilt doors.
- All garage door insurance work
- We offer a fully equipped mobile service
- Guarantee best prices
- All work carried out is fully guaranteed
- All franchisees are properly insured
Why use Jim’s Garage Doors
What People Say About Us
Garage And Roller Door Maintenance Frequently Asked Questions
Regular garage door maintenance is essential to ensure that your garage door operates safely and efficiently. Some of the most important maintenance tasks for garage doors include lubricating moving parts, checking and adjusting the tension of the springs, inspecting the cables for fraying or damage, and cleaning the tracks and rollers to remove any debris.
It’s important to test the garage door’s safety features, such as the auto-reverse function, to make sure they are working properly. Most experts recommend having a professional garage doors maintenance service performed once a year to catch any potential issues before they become bigger problems. By maintaining your garage door regularly, you can help extend its lifespan and save money on costly repairs down the line.
It is recommended to lubricate a garage door every six months to one year, depending on the frequency of use and the climate in which you live. Lubricating the moving parts of your garage door, such as the hinges, springs, and rollers, can help to reduce friction and noise as well as prevent wear and tear.
Be sure to use a lubricant specifically designed for garage doors, such as a silicone-based lubricant or white lithium grease. It’s also a good idea to wipe down any excess lubricant and debris from the garage door’s tracks and rollers to prevent buildup and keep the door operating smoothly.
Regular garage roller door maintenance is essential to ensure that your door operates smoothly and safely. Most manufacturers recommend having your roller door serviced by a professional at least once a year. However, if your roller door is subjected to heavy usage, extreme temperatures, or exposure to harsh elements, you may need to have it serviced more frequently.
During a routine maintenance service, a technician will inspect and lubricate all moving parts, including the tracks, springs, cables, and rollers, and make any necessary adjustments to keep the door operating smoothly. By scheduling regular garage roller door maintenance, you can help prevent unexpected breakdowns and extend the lifespan of your door.
Yes, lubricating garage door rollers is an essential part of garage door maintenance. Over time, dust, dirt, and debris can accumulate on the rollers, causing them to become noisy or even stop working altogether. By applying a lubricant to the rollers, you can reduce friction, prevent wear and tear, and extend the lifespan of your garage door.
When lubricating garage door rollers, it’s important to use a lubricant specifically designed for garage doors, such as a silicone-based lubricant or white lithium grease.
Be sure to apply the lubricant to both sides of the rollers and wipe away any excess to prevent buildup. It is generally recommended to lubricate garage door rollers every six months to one year, depending on how often the door is used.
The most common problem with garage doors is often related to the springs. Garage door springs are an essential component that helps to counterbalance the weight of the door and make it easier to lift and lower. Over time, garage door springs can become worn or damaged, which can cause the door to become difficult to open or close.
Other common problems with garage doors include issues with the tracks, rollers, cables, hinges, and opener. Misaligned tracks, worn or broken rollers, frayed cables, loose or damaged hinges, and malfunctioning openers can all cause issues with the operation of the door. To ensure that your garage door is operating smoothly and safely, it’s important to schedule regular maintenance and address any problems as soon as they arise.